Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

In Celebration of Ellyne Plotnick

I'm proud to present a track from Ellyne Plotnick's newly released album "I Will." Ellyne is enrolled in the Connecticut Writing Project Invitational Summer Institute and is a middle school teacher in Stamford, Connecticut. This afternoon, she discovered a piano in a classroom down the hall and letting her fingers find amusement she returned to our class to explode her enthusiasm for jazz music, musical composition, and juggling the pressures of teaching English with the energy to continue a musical career. I feel fortunate she shared her work with our group and hope to learn more from her about writing lyrics and offering them vocal accompaniment.

I chose to work with the National Writing Project because it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for teachers. I guessed that if I ran a site, I could have those one-of-a-kind experiences every summer. This summer in Connecticut, year two, is once again proving the magic of the job I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment