and perhaps it will be when Big Brother season 12 ends.
For many years my sister, KC, has tried to get me to watch it. I occasionally catch it from here to there, but then tend to let it fall to the wayside.
This week at home I became intrigued because Ian, a nerd, has manipulated the game to new heights and both my mom and sister are stoked by his play. That is why I watched it last night and also why I grew aggravated. I don't like that the show is 60 minutes and I told my mother, "You need to tape the entire season and let me watch every week in one sitting."
Truth is, I am too impatient to see what happens next. It is a silly show, actually, but also clever. It is the Greek's Wheel of Fortune on CBS: luck, fate, fortune, game and the whims and fancies of the Gods. Who knows what will happen next (even though strategy does have some warrant). And this show better end before the schools begins - I teach on Wednesday nights and I can't have another evening addiction to be on my mind.
There's a reason why I don't turn on my t.v. and it has everything to do with addiction and distraction.
For many years my sister, KC, has tried to get me to watch it. I occasionally catch it from here to there, but then tend to let it fall to the wayside.
This week at home I became intrigued because Ian, a nerd, has manipulated the game to new heights and both my mom and sister are stoked by his play. That is why I watched it last night and also why I grew aggravated. I don't like that the show is 60 minutes and I told my mother, "You need to tape the entire season and let me watch every week in one sitting."
Truth is, I am too impatient to see what happens next. It is a silly show, actually, but also clever. It is the Greek's Wheel of Fortune on CBS: luck, fate, fortune, game and the whims and fancies of the Gods. Who knows what will happen next (even though strategy does have some warrant). And this show better end before the schools begins - I teach on Wednesday nights and I can't have another evening addiction to be on my mind.
There's a reason why I don't turn on my t.v. and it has everything to do with addiction and distraction.
No comments:
Post a Comment