At 5 p.m. tonight I will officially be on Spring Break. That is a lie.
At 5 p.m. tonight I will attempt to partially break for the next week. There are midterms to grade, proposals to create, books to finish, summer classes to plan, and the rest of this semester to contend with.
Yet, I can do this from my home and don't have to report to anyone. That, in itself, is a tremendous break and I am thankful for it.
Where's the pool? Not in Stratford, Connecticut. And I have never been the sort for the MTV Spring Break phenomenon, either. That, I have always felt, is for pampered kids (although, I am sure they have a great time and, had I the resources, I most likely would join them).
So, it's me, a few more Big East basketball games and a week to run/walk/float/and meander.
I am very ready for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment