
I am on a train to Washington, DC. Actually, I'm going on a train to Washington, DC.
Several National Writing Project site directors are lobbying at the Capital for the next three days talking with Senators and Representatives from our states about reinstating National Writing Project funds to support professional development for teachers. In 2011, the funding was removed and it was, perhaps, one of the silliest maneuvers made by hasty politicians caught in the tsunami of anti-teacher movements in the United States.
The other two site directors in Connecticut and I have arranged half hour meetings to showcase what we once were able to do (at a low cost) to benefit millions of American school children. I hope I will be able to post while there, but if airwaves are expensive as hotels, then perhaps you may see me missing in action for the next couple of days. I certainly hope not, but stranger things have happened. So, sing the national anthem for me. Bry's gone political.
No comments:
Post a Comment