...and somewhat enjoyed it, too.
Rhiannon Berry said, "There's no way you've never carved a pumpkin," but I am pretty sure I haven't. I've seen them. I'm sure my family had pumpkins. Yet, carving them? Nope.
KC and Dave had me, Werdi, Abdi and his cousins over for lasagna and carving. I asked KC if we carved as kids and she had no memory of this. She asked, "Can you imagine how stressed out mom and dad would be about taking on such a chore?" I know we dyed Easter Eggs and put up a Christmas Tree, but the pumpkins. Drawing a blank.
I actually enjoyed the process of carving. Once everyone gave up on the slicing and stickiness of it all, I liked chiseling and fine tuning the artwork to make it candle-ready. We tested them all with the only candle KC could find - a Yankee, vanilla-scented one. We did alright for ourselves.
To top it off? Apple Crisp over vanilla ice cream for dessert. That is one of my favorite dishes in the world to eat. Funny that we didn't make pumpkin pie. Funnier that I didn't take a picture of the jack-o-lanterns once they were lit.
Rhiannon Berry said, "There's no way you've never carved a pumpkin," but I am pretty sure I haven't. I've seen them. I'm sure my family had pumpkins. Yet, carving them? Nope.
KC and Dave had me, Werdi, Abdi and his cousins over for lasagna and carving. I asked KC if we carved as kids and she had no memory of this. She asked, "Can you imagine how stressed out mom and dad would be about taking on such a chore?" I know we dyed Easter Eggs and put up a Christmas Tree, but the pumpkins. Drawing a blank.
I actually enjoyed the process of carving. Once everyone gave up on the slicing and stickiness of it all, I liked chiseling and fine tuning the artwork to make it candle-ready. We tested them all with the only candle KC could find - a Yankee, vanilla-scented one. We did alright for ourselves.
To top it off? Apple Crisp over vanilla ice cream for dessert. That is one of my favorite dishes in the world to eat. Funny that we didn't make pumpkin pie. Funnier that I didn't take a picture of the jack-o-lanterns once they were lit.

No comments:
Post a Comment