Day one at the Literacy Research Association conference in San Diego is now complete. I type this with a fight to ward of sleep and to recognize the power of having brilliant minds gather with a mission to make learning accessible to the many despite the obstacles placed before us through the social constructions of schooling.
I began yesterday with chairing a session and hearing stellar presentations about coding co-constucted knowledge through digital storytelling, and pontificating the art of flash fiction. I co-presented on collaborative teaching and coaching teachers to empower themselves as writing instructors. Then the afternoon turned to reunions and conversations with mentors, role models, and dedicated scholars.
And this all began with my Enterprise car rental having an emergency light come on. It sat in a parking lot all day and, well, I must take care of that tomorrow.
As always my day is spinning and well, it was yesterday, so it has already spun. All I have is apologies. My mind is sparked around a million and one considerations. So, time to make sense of all this phenomenal learning.
I began yesterday with chairing a session and hearing stellar presentations about coding co-constucted knowledge through digital storytelling, and pontificating the art of flash fiction. I co-presented on collaborative teaching and coaching teachers to empower themselves as writing instructors. Then the afternoon turned to reunions and conversations with mentors, role models, and dedicated scholars.
And this all began with my Enterprise car rental having an emergency light come on. It sat in a parking lot all day and, well, I must take care of that tomorrow.
As always my day is spinning and well, it was yesterday, so it has already spun. All I have is apologies. My mind is sparked around a million and one considerations. So, time to make sense of all this phenomenal learning.

No comments:
Post a Comment