Saturdays are for ambitions. Sundays are for feeling stupid for spending so much time working on Saturday.
I am only renting in Connecticut, but I can't help my drive to be outside down and to landscape. I'm use to the other two homes I lived in and the way I had everything laid out. Actually, this rental has a lot of good plants, but they are clumped together and they needed to be thinned out.
I dug up two giant clumps of hostas and relocated them into eight different parts of the yard. It would have been easy, but the lack of rain has the ground hard and I live on a hill so every maneuver I make is like a mountain climb. I also found a cluster of day lilies that need to be dug up and relocated and some lily of the valleys. It's not my home so I don't know how much landscaping I should do.
And I can tell you that I am definitely feeling 40. My knees, hip and back do not operate like they used to. I hurt and am not as limber as I used to be. That sucks because I always have been rather active. Even walking hurts. Yes, I know, they say it gets worse, but I certainly hope not.
Either way, I hope you have found time to get your hands in the dirt this spring. Everything seems to be blooming a good month in advance.
I am only renting in Connecticut, but I can't help my drive to be outside down and to landscape. I'm use to the other two homes I lived in and the way I had everything laid out. Actually, this rental has a lot of good plants, but they are clumped together and they needed to be thinned out.
I dug up two giant clumps of hostas and relocated them into eight different parts of the yard. It would have been easy, but the lack of rain has the ground hard and I live on a hill so every maneuver I make is like a mountain climb. I also found a cluster of day lilies that need to be dug up and relocated and some lily of the valleys. It's not my home so I don't know how much landscaping I should do.
And I can tell you that I am definitely feeling 40. My knees, hip and back do not operate like they used to. I hurt and am not as limber as I used to be. That sucks because I always have been rather active. Even walking hurts. Yes, I know, they say it gets worse, but I certainly hope not.
Either way, I hope you have found time to get your hands in the dirt this spring. Everything seems to be blooming a good month in advance.

No comments:
Post a Comment