Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I admit this truth

I am forty years old but never boiled eggs. Not even when I was a child and decorated them at Easter was I responsible for this task and so yesterday, while desiring to make red potato salad I was stumped when it called for boiled eggs.

I searched for additional recipes so I wouldn't have to do this, but they all called for four boiled eggs so I looked it up and learned how to do it. My roommate from China boils eggs everyday and she laughed at me as I asked her for advice. The hardest part was peeling the shell and I found it as trivial as peeling potatoes. I have nothing but respect for people who do this regularly - the labor goes unnoticed when one traditionally consumes the fruits of such foods without heading to the kitchen themselves.

So, in Connecticut, I boiled my first eggs successfully and I made a red potato salad with scallions, peas, mustard, mayo, some pesto and garlic, and potatoes. I'm happy to say it was successful and delicious. I now have a new item I can bring to summer picnics.

No comments:

Post a Comment