Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I screwed up

Yep.

It's June. School's about to end for elementary, middle, and high facilities. Universities are already out and the smell of barbecue is in the air. So is sleeping in, good books, catching up with old friends, and long conversations over a glass of wine.

Here's where I was DOOPID. I am teaching a summer course in June and then have the Invitational Summer Institute and Young Writers' Institutes in July. I had my first June course tonight and I'm exhausted. Last night, I had orientation for the teachers coming in July. It's a lot and I am thinking St. Augustine thoughts. I need sand on my feet and no responsibilities for a while.

I guess I enjoyed my week of commencement in Syracuse, but I need vegetable time in Connecticut. Looking ahead, maybe this will come in August. The 12 hour-work days get old rather quick, especially in summer. There needs to be a national law set: no labor from June until September.

It should be chill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment