Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Stamford

I ventured more toward NYC today to visit a school in Stamford. As I looked at the student body I was reminded of the Brown School. The high school was downtown and the student body seemed to be a hodgepodge of everything - immediately I was intrigued. It seemed that if it was out there in the world, it was in the school. Of course, my truck got trapped behind all the buses that were parking to pick up kids so I couldn't get out. So, I sat in my truck and read. That is why one never leaves home without a book.

I am amazed, though, at how compact everything is along the shoreline of Connecticut. Not only is I-95 wall to wall traffic, but everything in southern Connecticut is on top of everything else. I imagine that there's a reason that these parts are considered part of NYC because they are on the train lines and just enough out of reach so people can say "I'm getting out of the city for the day."

The city hosted The Jerry Springer Show and Maury, and also is home to the WWE of wrestling fame.

What intrigued me the most was the haircuts of most African American boys who had shaved heads on the top and side, but enormous sculpted fro's in the back. It was an odd look, but for some reason it looked good and different.

For me, I'm much too fond of nature and like to see trees, trails and things in bloom. Pavement upon pavement is a bit concrete if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment