Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

JUHAN

This week marks a busy week for many folks at Fairfield University who will take part in the Jesuit University Humanitarian Action Network (JUHAN) held on campus. The conference unites several individuals from around the globe interested in making the world a more sustainable, humanistic enterprise.

I will present on Thursday to highlight the insight of my research and discoveries from listening to relocated youth and will be honored to have Victor Harris, a student at Fairfield, to share his educational journey since arriving from a refugee camp in Guinea.

It has been my goal all along to set a foundation so that young men like him can have a platform to share their story and bring their voice to the context of educators in K - 12 schools and higher education. It's Monday and I anticipate a tough week of teaching, presenting, and maintaining balance (I have a grant to complete, too). It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment