...Ubuntu Matters.
This is easily the fanciest place I've ever presented and, well, as odd as it was for me, it did feel right.
I tried to address participants from the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions and alumni of Fairfield University the importance of supporting writing in and out of school. Interestingly, as I was thinking about my cousin's work with Hoops4Hope, it occurred to me that his Skills4Life work fit perfectly in what I feel writers need....especially the philosophy of Ubuntu.
I am what I am because of who we are.
In other words, we are the result of others and that is what writing should embrace. Community (it matters, too).
It was a true honor to have the opportunity to share with others my research, my teaching experiences, and my support of the National Writing Project. The feedback I received was positive and I am hoping to build support for CWP, but also H4H in southern Connecticut. The community of Fairfield University definitely came together to provide me comfort to present. I am very thankful.
This is easily the fanciest place I've ever presented and, well, as odd as it was for me, it did feel right.
I tried to address participants from the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions and alumni of Fairfield University the importance of supporting writing in and out of school. Interestingly, as I was thinking about my cousin's work with Hoops4Hope, it occurred to me that his Skills4Life work fit perfectly in what I feel writers need....especially the philosophy of Ubuntu.
I am what I am because of who we are.
In other words, we are the result of others and that is what writing should embrace. Community (it matters, too).
It was a true honor to have the opportunity to share with others my research, my teaching experiences, and my support of the National Writing Project. The feedback I received was positive and I am hoping to build support for CWP, but also H4H in southern Connecticut. The community of Fairfield University definitely came together to provide me comfort to present. I am very thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment