Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two more years and then what...

for the Starburst-supporting Crandalls and the CNS Isgars?

This photo is from the Syracuse Post Standard and it appeared in Sunday's paper. I found it online and I had to laught. Up at the top standing is my father. To his right is my sister with her arms folded. Below them is my mother in her lime green jacket (not paying attention to the show and talking to the Perras on her right). Dylan is sitting remarkably patient. This photo could have been taken in 1986, 1987, or 1988 and then, fast forward, 2010, 2011, 2012.

The same orange sweatshirts are there in support of the Liverpool Warriors and the same yellow and gold for the Wildcats. The green and blue, however, is not as represented because the marching band is no where near the size it once was. In fact, their band now is the size of the pit back when my sister marched.

But, the cycle continues and the rituals are the same. Over 20 years have gone by and not much has change. Strange that I'm in Connecticut now and every Tuesday and Thursday I can hear Bunnell High School marching band practicing from my home but I have no clue what their colors or mascot are.

The support is an unconditional labor of love. I'm just waiting for my niece to be rolled out in a Bull costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment