Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Young Adult Literature...

...and a small file on my face. Nerd right here.

I was at the University bookstore yesterday and checked to see if the books I ordered were in (they were). I know this is beyond geeky, but every year I like to peruse the shelves to see who is teaching what and try to guess what the theme of a course is. I had to laugh because most courses have three to four books. Not mine, I have two rows. Of course, it is young adult literature and undergraduates should be prepared to read many of these quickly.

What books am I teaching? Well, hmmmm.

Alexie, S. (2007). The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. New York: Little, Brown & Company.
Anderson, L. (1999). Speak. New York: Penguin Group.
Anderson, M.T. (2008). Feed. Massachusetts: Candlewick Press.
Bjorkmen, L. (2009). My Invented Life. New York: Henry Holt & Company
Chbosky, S. (1999). The Perks of Being a Wallflower. New York: MTV Books.
Collins, S. (2010). The Hunger Games. New York: Scholastic
Dau, J. B., & Akech, M. A. (2010). Lost Boy, Lost Girl; Escaping Civil War in Sudan. Washington, D.C.: National Geographic Society.
Grimes, N. (2002) Bronx Masquerade. New York: Dial Books. Haddon, M. (2003). The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time. New York: Random
House Hinton, S.E. (1967). The Outsiders. New York: Viking Press Hopkinson, N. (2012). The Chaos. New York: Margaret K. McElderry Books. Myers, W. D. (2001). Monster. New York: Amistad Press. Small, D. Stitches (2010). New York. W.W. Norton & Company

That's for this course, anyway. So, I post this in Connecticut for you to play...read the books I've listed and guess what you think my themes may be.

1 comment:

  1. Young Adult Literature

    Many recent books in the market has shorten the course content of the books. Now young adult takes best interest in meaning the course content in the form of stories. These are also easy in understanding.

    ReplyDelete