Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I think I brought Syracuse to Connecticut


I am posting the 2012 Doctoral Research Prize to Connecticut Crandall to bring some sunshine to the sound. Since I returned, it has been foggy, rainy, cold, and gray. The weather for the next week looks like it will be more of the same. Although I don't mind being kept inside to get work done, it does get depressing. It feels like a rainforest out there.

I receive nice notes from the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Associate Vice President at Fairfield University today to celebrate this award and the news of a recent Teacher Leadership grant I received. I thought it was a nice gesture for them to reach beyond their hectic lives to send me a few words. They felt genuine.

Tonight, we are holding a retirement party for the outgoing Director of the Connecticut Writing Project at Fairfield, held by those teachers who knew her best. I am looking forward to a great dinner, wonderful company, and a celebration of everything Faye Gage did for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment