Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Ouch

For as long as I can remember I have dealt with throbbing pain in my left knee. The less I run the more it repairs itself and this mild winter was not kind to it. In fact, I didn't cross train much at all. Instead, I ran.

Now, my right knees has joined forces. It even hurts to press the gas in my explorer and as I sit here reflecting, they both are pounding like a migraine. I can feel my heartbeat in them and it doesn't feel good.

I always imagined I would be one of those old men who wobbled to and from locations, but I didn't expect it at age 40. My metabolism has always sucked and I rely on running to keep me feeling semi-decent about my build. This aching, however, is too much.

Most of my life I have left the world of doctors and illness to my little sister and my mom. I don't do medicine and I still don't want to. Yet, with varicose veins, psoriasis, and now pulsating knees, I am thinking I'm doomed to visit a doctor to learn I'm too heavy, I need to stop running, and my body is telling me to relax more. My response, "Dude...I've used running to keep my weight down. I need to run."

So, Connecticut, listen to me whine. I'm hoping a little aspirin will take care of these puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment