Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

RIP, Dave Brubeck. You've brought me rhythm.

I have not been schooled in music. I am a man of words. With this said, I learned of Brubeck's genius while teaching in Kentucky and contemplating Pleasantville. Since then, I've downloaded his music onto my ipod and, when the shuffle brings me to Brubeck, I recognize it as a great, great day. The music makes me think, walk smarter, and find myself within the strut of living.

I imagine it is a good day for the afterlife as angels and spirits congregate to congratulate this musician for his accomplishments and additions to the American landscape. Tonight, the heavens will do a toast in his honor and then ask him to play. Up above, the many will reflect on their time on earth and think fondly of the montage that enters their memories to the melodies they hear him play.

I reflect on his passing with utmost admiration. One life time....such significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment